Saturday, April 4, 2009

Standing on my Soap Box

I recently had a minor crash in which I landed on my frontal bone (that's the forehead in layperson's terms), only to walk away with a cut and a black eye....and other injuries. NO CONCUSSION. No dizziness. No black out, not even for a minute. What dumb fuckin' luck. Talk about having a new lease on life.

You've heard it countless times. You're gonna continue to hear about it. I do not believe that there should be a law demanding this of me but I do believe in protecting myself, and by default, my family and loved ones. What am I talking about? Just read it here folks.

Love to you all.
Maureen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree about the wearing of helmets. When's the helmet decorating party? I want mine bedazzled. -Wendy

Maureen Grady said...

that is actually a WONDERFUL idea! we should schedule something and put it on the May Bike Month Calendar!